You can bring your personal clothing if you already have them with you,if not it’s worth buying all below mentioned clothing and equipments here in Kathmandu in good rates and your guide will help you with it.You will have plenty of time before the trek to buy stuffs in Kathmandu(thamel).
PERSONAL EQUIPMENTS FOR TREKKING
- Fleece beanie
- sun glasses
- Chipstick / Sunscreen
- Face mask or Scarf
- Hand towel
- Wind stopper / waterproof top and bottom
- Cold weather down jacket below waist
- Fleece jacket and trouser
- Trekking trouser
- T-Shirts(short or long sleeves) dry fit is better
- Polypropylene thermal tops and bottom, at least 2pairs,
- Wind stopper and fleece gloves
- Socks and under wears
- Trekking boot
- Snow Gaiter (optional)
- Runners / Snickers for camps
- Head torch
- Personal medical kit
- Water Bottle/Camel Pak
- Trekking / Ski pole (optional. Handy for anyone with knee problem)
- Spare batteries for Camera andflash light. Check charging facility along your journey
- Day pack Minimum 25L with side pocket for water bottle
- A challenging and classic trek around Dhaulagiri
- Crosses the hidden valley, traversing French Pass and Dhampus Pass
- Magnificent scenes of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges
- Enduring with Thakali culture in Kali Gandaki valley
Dhaulagiri Trek is one of the strenuous and off beaten adventures in western Nepal that takes you through high snow-clad passes and white glaciers to the Dhaulagiri Base Camp. Mount Dhaulagiri (8167m) is the world’s seventh highest mountain and is located north-west of Pokhara. Dhaulagiri Adventure offers a view of the giant mountain range of Dhaulagiri that consists of fifteen 7,000 meter peaks.
The 21 days trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp starts from the forested and terraced hilly areas. Passing through several Magar villages offer trekkers to experience the unique lifestyle and culture of the locals. Thus the trekking route follows the flow of Myagdi Khola to Chhonbardan Glacier.
Amazing views can be explored with Dhaulagiri Trek
Firstly, Trekking started through the densely forested path full of bamboo, oaks, and pines, the trekker reaches the amazing Dhaulagiri Base Camp. You can see all the peaks of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Dhaulagiri II (7751m), Dhaulagiri III (7715m), and Dhaulagiri IV (7661m). Similarly, the base camp also provides a stunning view of Dhaulagiri Icefall that descends from the north-east col. Trekking through the foothill of Dhaulagiri moraine on an icy track, the trail leads trekkers through two big challenging mountain passes—French Col (5360m) and Thapa Pass (5244m)—both offering surreal view of different Himalayas.
The Dhaulagiri Trek route takes through the apple city of Marpha and also comes across the world’s deepest gorge i.e. Kali Gandaki River. Trekking in this region is not only thrilling and adventurous but it offers trekkers to experience the unexpected from the land of dramatic contrast to the exploration of the wilderness along with the incredible views of glaciers, icefalls, and mountains.
Also, being the best trekking organizer in Nepal, Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition believes in serving clients’ every travel need. We deliver our clients with what they want, from decent transportation facilities to accommodations. And also, we offer trip packages depending on their choices.