Guest Agreement and Declaration
Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) would like to thank you for choosing us to be your partners in adventure. We are located in the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu and our specialty is adventure-based tourism. We are excited about helping fulfill your travel dreams, but before booking with we kindly request you review all of our terms and conditions. This ensures that you are empowered with all the knowledge to confidently book your journey with us knowing you have made the right choice.
Please read our complete terms and conditions so that we may further our partnership on this, your dream vacation!
All bookings are made with Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. The company is registered under various departments of the Government of Nepal (159298/073/74- Company Registration Number) and is fully licensed and registered. Ms. Khanal is the Managing Director of the Company, and we are located on Keshar Mahal Street, Thamel, Kathmandu.
For clarification, we use the word “trip” to describe the itineraries of walking, tours, treks, trips, sightseeing, climbing, mountaineering, expedition or holidays.
When booking any trip with us, a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total trip cost (50% in the case of Tibet and Bhutan trips) per person, accompanied with a completely filled booking application form is required to confirm the booking. Please be thorough in filling out the application, otherwise, your booking and payment may be delayed. The balance due (80% of Nepal trips and 50% of Tibet and Bhutan trips) is payable upon arrival in Kathmandu, prior to the trip’s departure. The final trip documentation will only be released after the payment of the remaining amount.
Payment Options and Method
There are two methods of payment. Bank Transfer and Credit Cards. Accepted cc’s include:
- Master Card
- American Express
- Union Pay
- SCT Card
On the application form please list which payment method is preferred and fill out the remaining information per payment method. If paying with a credit card, please fill out all necessary information for cc payment method. We request the remaining balance be paid in cash prior to the departure of your trip. If choosing to pay by wire transfer the following information will be necessary for completion.
Payment by Wire Transfer
Beneficiary Bank: Himalayan Bank Ltd
Beneficiary Company: Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
Account No: 01907393390025
Swift Code: HIMANPKA
Bank Address: Thamel, Kathmandu
All payments made via credit card are subject to 4% surcharge. Surcharges apply to all payments: deposits, final balances, trip extension and miscellaneous purchases when using your credit card. The charge is imposed by the credit card payment service provider Himalayan Bank Ltd.
(Note: An additional cost of USD $100, USD $200 is required for trips extending up to 10 days and more than 10 days, respectively, for a single supplement and USD $250 for climbing expeditions.)
- We would regret to see you go, but if for any reason you leave one of our trips voluntarily after the trip has begun, the company will not refund the amount already paid to the Company by you, the customer. However, it will be at the discretion of the Company to provide a refund if for any reason you are forced to leave a trip.
- The Company will not make any refunds, or vouchers for accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized by the customer.
- Please note that these conditions are subject to change.
- The company reserves all rights to cancel any trip booked by the customer before it is guaranteed to run. A guaranteed trip requires two fully paid travelers unless minimum numbers state otherwise on your particular trip.
- The company reserves all rights to cancel a guaranteed trip prior to the departure in the case of any unfavorable circumstances such as but not limited to: unforeseen natural disaster, canceled flights, strike, industrial action, wars, riots, quarantine, government intervention, weather and health conditions of group members etc. In such situations, the booking deposit (20% of the total amount), remains non-refundable. In these cases, The Company will provide a voucher for the following season of the same year or an alternative trip of the same value (as per your choice). If, however, the remaining trip cost has been paid (80% of the total trip cost) will be refunded, after deducting a 13% Government Tax.
- Of for any reason you decide to cancel your trip, we require your cancellation in writing. When The Company receives the written notification, this will be the date of the cancellation, and not prior to.
- In case of any trip cancellation, the amount already charged by the company is non-refundable. However, the same amount may be applied within one year from the booking date. If the cancellation notice is received a month before the trip departure date, 100% of the total charged amount is reusable. 100%, 80% and 50% of the total charged amount are reusable if the cancellation notice is received 1 month, 15 days or 7 days respectively, before the trip departure date.
All amendments and cancellation fees apply only to the trips listed on this site. The fees are as follows:
- Amendment Charge
60 Days or More Prior to the Trip Departure: If the booking amendment request is received by The Company 60 days or more prior to your original departure, a USD $50 per person is required.
Less Than 60 Days Prior to the Trip Departure: If the booking amendment request is received less than 60 days prior to your original trip departure, the charges will be as per the cancellation policy. In the case of any changes in the price of the trip, within the time of the original booking and the amendment date, the new trip price will be applicable for the reservation. These fees are in addition to any charges levied by the hotels or any other service providers.
Changes to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip booking (e.g.; hotels, transfers, etc.) or amendments to any other arrangement made in conjunction with your trip reservation will incur an administration fee of USD$20/booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines.
- It may not be possible to make any amendments to your booking within 10 days of departure. Fees for late changes will vary from the minimum of USD $50 and up per booking if the changes can be made.
Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd.’s is excited you have chosen us as your partner in your holiday plans, and a good trip is an insured trip. The peace of mind of being covered for any eventuality that may arise during your trip is invaluable. Travel insurance is mandatory for all Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition trips. If you arrive for your intended trip and do not have any proof of insurance, you will be required to take out a suitable policy at that time. If this is not done or impossible for practical reasons, then you will not be allowed to continue with your trip and will not be entitled to any refund for the services not provide.
This insurance must include medical coverage and helicopter rescue services. We also strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance. When purchasing travel insurance please be aware some insurance companies may restrict place or types of travel. For example, some may not cover trekking in Nepal or refund helicopter transfers in cases of inter-nation plane flight cancellations.
Take enough time to research, and ask questions concerning the insurance you may purchase. Make sure that the policy provides an adequate level of protection and covers you for the activities involved. When embarking on your holiday please carry all necessary paperwork and phone numbers to be able to reach your insurance company in the event you need to contact them during your trip.
Passport and Visa
When traveling with Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. or in any foreign country for that matter please carry your passport and any visas for the country in which you are traveling in, along with any other permits required. It is a good idea to also carry 3 copies of your passport, visas, and/ or permits in a separate place from the originals. Do not leave your originals in any suitcases or luggage, rather carry these on you at all times.
Kindly ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip.
Make sure you are in possession of the correct visas for the countries you are traveling to. Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. will not be responsible if you are refused entry to the destination country because you lack the correct visa and documentation.
Facilities and Flexibility
The destinations for Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition’s trips are in beautiful and unique places in the world. These areas may be remote, wilderness, or developing areas. Accommodations, transportation, safety, hygiene, communication facilities, level of infrastructure and medical facilities are not the same as in your hometown, or on a conventional holiday. Thus, you agree to assume all personal responsibility for participating in activates which carry a certain degree of risk.
You understand that during the course of the trip, certain events may occur; accidents or illness in remote areas without medical facilities, political instability and disasters can occur. You agree to assume all risks associated with the journey to the maximum extent permitted by Nepalese law.
You acknowledge that the trips require a degree of flexibility and understand that the trip route, accommodation, and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice in case of any unavoidable local circumstances.
If required, to amend the itinerary for any reason, the Company may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company, we, The Company and its representatives may require re-routing and the customers will have to bear all the additional expenses caused by the alteration in the trip.
While traveling with Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. you agree to accept the authority of the trip leader or local operator at all times. You are aware that travel within a group may involve compromise to accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of all participants. You understand that The Company reserves all rights to decline, accept or retain any person as a member of the group at any time if required.
You acknowledge that the Company contracts with a network of companies, government agencies, and individuals, to assist in the running of its tours, treks, walking, holidays & expeditions. To the best of the Company’s knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted for. However, The Company will not be held responsible for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity caused by these third parties.
The Company will not take the responsibility for any traveler, who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Government of Nepal, therefore, no employee, representative or agent of the Company has the authority to vary these conditions, except the head of the company or the director.
- Personal travel insurance: both medical and evacuation
- Visa, passport, and vaccination charges
- International flight to and from Nepal and to our destinations of operation and departure airport taxes to the respective countries.
- Extra meals, transport cost, accommodations, costs and other expenses not included in the itinerary
- Laundry, postage, personal clothing (unless provided in the itinerary), medical expenses and items of personal nature
- Emergency evacuation and/or search and rescue
- Not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and excess baggage charge
- The trip cost includes all airport transfers. Kindly refer to the trip inclusion page along with the itinerary for each trip. The head office of Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. in Kathmandu or specified hotel (unless otherwise specified) will be your meeting point, prior to your departure.
To have a safe and enjoyable trip it is vital that you as the customer, are cleared by your doctor to participate in our programs. All members of the group are required to be in a good health and physical condition. If there are any pre-existing medical conditions you have, we need to know about it at the time of booking, to ensure the safety of all who participate in our trips. Medical and evacuation expenses are the responsibility of the participants. All members of the group are required to consult their doctor for vaccination and other medical requirements for the trip, before their departure. The company reserves the right to require a medical certificate prior to booking the trip or departure.
Weather and Other Unfavorable Conditions
Weather can be unpredictable especially in mountainous regions. It does happen that unfavorable weather condition can cause domestic flight delays and cancellations, particularly in the Everest, Jomsom, and Kanchenjunga regions of Nepal.
Company reserves all right to reroute treks or use road transportation for extended delays without any impact on the trip cost. The Company does not accept any responsibility for costs incurred as a result of missed international flight connection but will assist you in making alternative arrangements where possible which may incur a slight additional cost.
In the unlikely event of civil unrest in any country we are visiting, we will inform you (the customer) of any information we obtain as soon as we are abreast of the situation. We have made every effort to ensure the correctness of the information provided in our brochures, printed and electronic communications we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. These booking terms and conditions may only be waived in special circumstances and will be provided in writing from the Managing Director of the Company. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the Company shall be subject to, and governed by, the Nepalese Law.
Altitude Mountain Sickness affects everyone to different degrees for different lengths of time. It is important you are an active participant in your own safety and thus report and any unusual feelings to your guide as soon as possible. They may help to distinguish if the symptoms are progressing to a more serious problem, however, The Company does not assume any responsibility for circumstances which may incur due to AMS symptoms and the consequences of such.
By booking your trip, you have read and agreed to all of the above-stated terms and conditions. You are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions and that you understand what is involved in participating in Himalayan Summit Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. in your chosen trip.